Razer has announced this phone recently, which is called Razer Phone 2. And this new device is a flagship device and is gaming focused. Cost is $799. So let’s see what all do we get at this price. And do we really need a gaming phone that cost $799? Let’s find out.
Starting with the display, they have the best display which we have seen till date in any phone. The display is 120 Hz with Razers own Ultra motion Screen Technology with Anti-Fingerprint Protection. Razer is the only company that has made a true 120 Hz display, and that includes both touch sampling and display refresh rate. The display will be super smooth to look at, the 120 Hz display in small factor is surely treat to eyes. The display is 5.72 inch LCD display and has a 2560×1440-pixel resolution, HDR support (HDR-10), 645 nits of maximum brightness, and Wide Color Gamut with 98.4% of DCI-P3.
Vapour chamber cooling system
If this is going to be a gaming phone, then, of course, it is going to heat up! And this is common with every phone out there. Razer did a good thing to include a cooling system, the phone will perform better at thermals and throttling will not take place. With a vapor-chamber cooling system that allows heat to spread throughout the phone via a custom vapor chamber which vastly increases the surface area for heat to dissipate, resulting in fewer hot spots. This allows greater performance and stability compared to traditional cooling methods. Even extended gaming session will ensure smooth operations.
Processor and Graphics
Razer phone 2 will be powered by Snapdragon 845, clocked at 2.8GHz with an Adreno 630 visual chip and 8 GB ram. For graphical performance, the games will run smoothly. Snapdragon 845 is outperformed by Apple’s A11 and A12 in last year’s and this year’s iPhones. Also, keep in mind that achieving a higher benchmark score in Android is a challenge. Apple makes their software as well as hardware. It becomes easier for developers to optimize the game and provide the best output. Razer has tried their best and also included a cooling system that should keep the thermals at the minimum to provide constant performance. Razer phone 2 will be an ideal gaming device.
Some may think that the phone will lack a good camera as it is a gaming-focused phone. But Razer paid attention in camera department also. Razer phone can take stunning photos. It has dual lenses with dual Sony IMX Sensors and a rear camera with a 120FPS video frame rate. Larger pixel size will ensure that the camera can take pictures even in low light. The front camera supports 60FPS FHD video for super-smooth face cam footage while streaming or chatting. It has one 12 MP wide-angle lens of f 1.75 and with OIS. The second lens is a telephoto lens of 12 MP and aperture of f 2.6.
Razer products are known for RGB and chroma lighting. Every gamer knows about their product, let it be keyboard, mouse or headphones. It’s in their DNA to include such lighting. So Razer has done the same thing with this phone. They have included customizable Razer Chroma™ RGB lighting which will illuminate the Razer logo on the back side. Use the CHROMA Configurator App to toggle between different colors, or select from three different lighting effects: static, breathing, and spectrum. It has 16.8 million color options with some available presets too.
This is a most important aspect in any smartphone. Razer phone comes with 4000 mah battery that supports Qualcomm QuickCharge+. A Razer Chroma™ wireless charging base station features Wireless Fast Charging technology to get you to full power quickly so you’ll always stay in control for work and play. So with the performance, the phone has enough space for its fuel. The charge should easily last you over a day even with heavy usage.
- The Razer Phone 2 runs Android 8.1 with Nova Launcher(prime version) by default. So, basically it comes with nova launcher pre-installed.
- High-fidelity USB Type-C DAC has been provided so 3.5mm headphone users can enjoy up to 24-bit audio.It will give a immersive audio experience.
- Razer is boasting Dolby Atmos support from the two front-facing speakers. It supports both HDR and 5.1 surround sound content with an extended bass response.
- This phone is water resistant, it is IP67 rating and can survive 1 meter depth of water easily.
- With Razer’s Cortex Mobile app you can discover list of popular mobile games and utilize the Game Booster software for launching games and optimization.
- The Razer Phone 2 comes in two sublime finishes. Choose between the 64GB classy mirror back or 128GB rugged satin finish.
- Razer is teaming up with game studios to not only optimize their games for the Razer Phone — PUBG Mobile, Rival: Crimson x Chaos, Marvel Future Fight, and RuneScape to name a few but also exclusive content for the future.
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 (2.80 GHz) with Adreno 630 GPU, Vapor Chamber Cooling
- Memory: 8GB (LPDDR4X)
- Storage: Internal: 64GB UFS + microSD upto 1 TB
- Display: 5.72-inch IGZO LCD 1440 x 2560 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android Version: Android 8.1
- Battery: 4000 mAh lithium-ion battery
- Size: 158.5 x 78.99 x 8.5 mm
So to conclude, Razer phone 2 is a great phone with so many features. Preorders start today, with shipping dates to be announced. If we compare the price to performance ratio then this phone is a beast. The main thing is the price tag, do let us know in the comments if you are interested to buy this phone. Also, let us know which feature you liked the most.